Tuesday 23 September 2014

Review #3: Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector

A day off and what am I doing? Watching re-runs of Grey's Anatomy, I work in a hospital and I watch TV programmes on hospitals. I need a life.

So getting back to the matter in hand, we have had some beautiful weather in the UK during the summer months. A medium to full coverage foundation is just too much.....feels like I am wearing a jumper on my face, well not literally but you get what I mean. I wanted something lighter in the base department, truly I would have loved to not have had to use a base at all, but my freckles have come out in full force.......swines!!

I always have good ideas like this when I am walking around the aisles of Boots/Superdrug etc. That's when I saw the BB Cream by Garnier. Cue pictures!



So this little BB Cream just fell into my basket and off to the checkout I went. I purchased it in Light as I am very fair, sitting between NC15 to NC20, to be truly honest I don't buy into the whole BB Cream market to me are they not just hyped up Tinted Moisturisers?

So what do Garnier say?
They claim their BB cream immediately grants you with perfected skin with even tone and a boosted glow. Blurs imperfections and smoothes fine lines, giving you spf 15 protection and 24 hour hydration. 

This 50ml tube is good value for money in my opinion, Boots always have offers on garnier products, and got it for £6.66.

The packaging is nothing to rave home about, a simple sqeezey tube with a cap. I feel a little more thought could have gone into the design of the tube, because when the tube is "empty" there is actually a fair amount of product still left in the tube.......So I got a little destructive when I thought I had used it all up.

My thoughts on the product:
The consistency of the cream is thick and smooth........which pains me to say it reminds me of tinted moisturiser. But saying that, it blends so easily and sinks into the skin with ease. After application I wait 10-15mins before applying the rest of my make up as I let it dry fully, as it can feel a little greasy.

The coverage I guess is buildable, but in my opinion it does not last for greater than 5 hours, I needed to reapply as it went patchy. 

I have repurchased this, as although I would not use it for anything special, but I have worn it to work, and I confess I wore it to the
gym.

My skin is hydrated from using this little cream, and my freckles are not so pronounced. This BB cream is not going to give you the complexion of a Supermodel. But I am impressed enough to repurchase.

What is your go to summer base?

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I personally swear by this and wear it everyday! I haven't seen many posts about it so I enjoyed reading this to see how someone else found it! :)

    www.emsbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't impressed at first, it has grown on me though I also use it mixed with my winter foundations to make them more sheer and dewy. But your right have read hardly any reviews on this, I haven't stopped wearing this all summer :)

      Delete