Tuesday 23 September 2014

Haul #3: I went in for a birthday card!

I went into the local town centre nearest the village I live in.......I went for a Birthday Card.

When in the town I always have to go into the Debenhams, it is like a small little ritual normally to drool over the perfume and have a sneaky little spritz.

But not this time....No this time it was the Benefit stand that caught my eye, and this can only end one way the bank balance being dented......shhhhhh lets not tell Chris hehehe.

I sashayed over to the counter with a foundation in my crosshair.



 I have been on the look out for a new foundation recently because autumn is drawing in and need a more durable base. I purchased it in ivory as that is the closest to my skin tone minus the fake tan.

I have heard some awesome reviews on the foundation. The Benefit Makeup Artist/Assistant (is that what you call them?) asked me what type of coverage I was wanting and colour matched me.

One thing leads to another and then I am picking up blushes and other things and I am on a roll.



This little beaut was just asking for me to take it home. Dandelion Blush described as a brightening powder, I love an English rose complexion, and the Assistant let me have a little play. I cannot wait to use this.

The assistant was busy showing me other products when she asked me what eyebrow pencil I use, I have used Mac ever since I started wearing makeup at 13. So naturally Mac eyebrow pencil in fling has been my go to, but not anymore. Introducing this little fella.


This little tube of miracles is beyond words! I know I am late in loving this product, I am obsessed!! The assistant asked me if I wanted to see the difference, and it was astonishing what have I been doing!? Now I am no makeup artist or expert but I am hoping to get the same results, watch this space.


I was a happy customer, but that was by no means the end. The assistant said she would give me some samples of other products and one of them was so thoughtful we had spoken about fake tan.


 
The lovely assistant gave me a 5ml sample of the same foundation I bought but in the colour honey, so I could mix the two to match my tan. HOW SWEET IS THAT?
 

 
I then was given a 3ml sample of the Porefessional and It's Potent! eye cream.
 
This assistant went beyond all to make sure I was satisfied with my purchases, have you ever had an awesome customer experience?
 
Thanks for reading.



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Benefit & these are great buys, there Hello Flawless powder is amazing, you must try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to try that, I have been using the foundation just over a week now....I am in love with it feels like a second skin.

      Delete